Vehicle Tracking CAT5S and CAT5S Plus
With high end vehicle theft on the increasing hugely in 2017 and 2018, most insurance companies are insisting on a recognised vehicle tracking system to obtain theft cover for desirable vehicles.
From the 1st of January 2019 the Thatcham Insurance Approval has changed completely so you must be very careful what product you choose to install, CAT 5 and CAT 6 has now been replaced by CAT S5 and CAT S5 Plus.
If you have an existing Thatcham CAT 5 or CAT 6 Tracking system don`t panic, as long as they where installed before 1st January 2019 they will still be accepted by your insurance company.
We now offer 3 types of vehicle tracking systems outlined below, Thatcham S5, Thatcham S5 Plus and fleet tracking systems.
Vodafone Automotive Thatcham Category CAT 5S
This is the most common vehicle tracking requirement from most insurance companies and peace of mind. The Vodafone Automotive CAT 5S offers live tracking which is monitored by a control centre, It consists of a small device covertly fitted to your vehicle, this device has a battery backup system, meaning that if a potential thief brakes into the car and disconnects the battery, the system would still notify the control centre immediately and they would then contact the vehicle keeper to ascertain whether it’s a legitimate activation or an attempt to disable the security system.
The Vodafone Automotive CAT 5S uses both GSP and GPS Technology to communicate with the control centre and relay information about the vehicles state and location. It has Geo Fencing and movement detection which will protect against towing away and vehicle lifting etc. The device uses a roaming SIM card to ensure GSM communication in almost any location throughout the UK and Europe. The Cobra Track Plus has full European cover as standard and is constructed in a water proof casing, protecting it from the elements.
The Vodafone Automotive CAT 5S is our favoured tracking product due to its reliability and a full 3 year warranty.
The Vodafone Automotive CAT 5S offers GPS stolen vehicle tracking with the added security of generating the following alerts:-
Tow-away alert - triggered when motion is detected with the ignition switched off
Tamper alert - activated when the system battery is disconnected or discharged or the wiring is cut GSM jamming alert - triggered when an attempt is made to jam the GSM signal
Vodafone Automotive CAT 5S Key Features:
- Pinpoint GPS tracking (accurate to within 10 metres)
- International GSM coverage
- European coverage (36 European countries plus Russia and South Africa)
- European Police liaison
- Tow-away alert
- No Police hardware required
- Detailed history during the theft to facilitate recovery
- Thatcham 'CAT 5S' accredited
- Sold Secure approved
- Recognised by major insurers
- Automatic system health check
- Internal battery back-up
- Automatic Driver Recognition Cards
Basic Fitted Price £499 inc VAT, first year's subscription and web access
Vodafone Automotive CAT 5S Plus
The Vodaofone Automotive CAT 5S Plus offers the highest level of security for your vehicle. Using driver recognition technology it means that even if your keys are stolen your vehicle is protected.
In the event of the vehicle being stolen the CAT 5S Plus enables the vehicle to be remotely immobilised allowing it to be safely recovered by the authorities.
The Vodafone Automotive CAT 5S Plus is the most secure system available, incorporating all the benefits of the standard CAT 5S system with the added protection of:
- Remote Engine Immobilisation
- The highest level of insurance accreditation available in the UK - Thatcham Category 5S Plus
- GPS and GSM jamming detection
ADR (Automatic Driver Recognition)
The driver card is a discreet pocket-sized card that you carry with you whenever you drive your vehicle. On leaving your vehicle, the system automatically arms itself.
If the vehicle is moved without the driver card present, Vodafone Automotive`s Secure Operating Centre is alerted instantly to a potential theft. This means that even if your vehicle is taken using your own keys, the theft is detected immediately.
Remote Engine Immobilisation technology enables Police to authorise Vodafone to send an command to the vehicle to prevent the engine being restarted once it comes to a standstill. This significantly increases the chance of your vehicle being recovered undamaged, and can also help Police to avoid high speed pursuit of suspect vehicles.
Basic Fitted Price £899 inc VAT, first year's subscription and web access
Smart Track U Track, fleet management tracking
This product is a selftrack tracking device and is able to track vehicles to your own secure online account. The tracking system is ideal for all types of vehicles; Cars, Motorcycles, Scooters, Vans, LCV, HGV, Plant, Boats, Trailers, Fleet, tractors, Diggers and much more.
- See your vehicle via your computer or mobile device without any additional software (included in the standard subscription)
- Free Android and Apple Global Telemetrics App. Click here for further information
- Multi Geo-Fence - 'Geo-Fence option enables you to put one circular area around a location, this can generate an email if required when vehicle enters or has left the Geo-fence area'
- Reports - The site offers multiple reports giving you a variety of information including Journey, Timesheet and All activity'.
- Multiple Logins - Multiple logins allows selectable access to vehicles using different email addresses.
- Street Mapping - Street view level mapping via Premium Google Maps.
- Speed Warnings - Set your own ideal speed limit - if the vehicle travels over that speed then you will receive an email telling you.
- Fully Transferable (Terms and Conditions apply Click here to view)
- Small covert black box with Internal Aerial Technology - GPS - GPRS - GSM - LBS
- 3 year warranty no quibble parts and labour warranty (Extendable to 12 years)
- Our tracking device is 12 and 24 volt compatible
Fitted Price £299 inc VAT
1 Year Subs £98.30 inc VAT
All of our tracking products can be fitted here at our Bishops Stortford workshop and normally take less than 2 hours to install (The Vodafone Automotive CAT 5S Plus take around 4 hours to install)
Feel free to call for further details about any of our tracking products.